Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and OutcomesLinks to an external site. article and watch the Globalization at a CrossroadsLinks to an external site. video. Go to the UAGC Library and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint, or you may choose one of the following articles found in the Week 1 Required Resources:
- From Globalism to Globalization: The Politics of ResistanceLinks to an external site.
- Globalization, Globalism and Cosmopolitanism as an Educational IdealLinks to an external site.
- Transnationalism and Anti-GlobalismLinks to an external site.
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community.
Write: Use the Week 1 Example Assignment Guide Download Week 1 Example Assignment Guidewhen addressing the following prompts:
- Describe and explain a clear distinction between â€œglobalismâ€ and â€œglobalizationâ€ after viewing the video and reading the article.
- Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship after reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller.
- Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from the article (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
- Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses.
- Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
The Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
- Must be 750 to 1,000 words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in the UAGC Writing Centerâ€™s APA Style resource.Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the UAGC Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one credible source in addition to the two required sources (video and article).
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for an assignment. The Integrating ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial will offer further assistance with including supporting information and reasoning.
- Must document in APA style any information used from sources, as outlined in the UAGC Writing Centerâ€™s In-Text Citation GuideLinks to an external site..
- Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay based on the Turnitin report. References list will be excluded from the Turnitin originality score.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style. See the Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the UAGC Writing Center for specifications.
Arditi, B. (2004). From globalism to globalization: The politics of resistance 1Links to an external site.. New Political Science, 26(1), 5-22. doi:10.1080/0739314042000185102
Papastephanou, M. (2005). Globalisation, globalism and cosmopolitanism as an educational idealLinks to an external site.. Educational Philosophy and Theory, 37(4), 533-551. doi:10.1111/j.1469-5812.2005.00139.x
Reysen, S., & Katzarska-Miller, I. (2013). A model of global citizenship: Antecedents and outcomes Download A model of global citizenship: Antecedents and outcomes. International Journal of Psychology, 48(5), 858-870. doi:10.1080/00207594.2012.701749
Voelz, J. (2017). Transnationalism and anti-globalismLinks to an external site.. College Literature, 44(4), 521-526. doi:10.1353/lit.2017.0032
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!