Read the following scenario and address the steps that follow in 525 to 700 words.
Innovative Automotive is an automobile accessories company that has been in business for 15 years. The companyâ€™s director of research and development (R&D) has been asked by the president to develop a new product: an after-market accessory that attaches to any windshield wiper and helps solve the problem of removing bugs from the front windshield.
This product needs to be developed, tested, patented (or patent-filed), and brought to market in 12 months. The R&D director, who has an industrial engineering background and a track record of successfully leading projects of this nature, has assigned you as an in-house project manager (PM) to this project. As the project manager:
- List the 3 primary characteristics of this product development project that qualify it to be considered a project.
- Describe a project initiation force that caused this project to be initiated.
- Explain why you chose the specific type of project.
- Summarize the project life cycle that will likely follow this project.
- Describe the selection method that has been used to initiate the project.
- Identify 2 to 3 of the constraints that the PM will be required to manage.
- Identify at least 5 stakeholders you imagine will be key to the success of this project.
- Determine the best project structure for this project.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!