Prior to beginning work on this assignment please read Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 9 and review Chapter 7 (assigned in Week Two) in your textbook. This assignment will review the differences between being a manager and a leader as well as give you an opportunity to review the mission statement for . For this assignment, you will assume the role of a new leader within the organization. As the new leader, you will need to develop goals that align with the mission statement and improve community relations for your organization.
Include the following elements in your paper.
- Apply theoretical concepts of management and leadership and contrast the role of manager versus leader in law enforcement or corrections.
- Locate and include the mission statement of the organization in your chosen scenario citing the source of the statement in APA format.
- Analyze the mission of the organization and make any recommendations for changes and/or additions to the Mission statement to improve community relations.
- Develop a list of at least three goals that will align with the mission of the organization as well as improve community relations.
- Explain how these goals will align with the mission of the organization and improve community relations.
The Management and Leadership paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the .
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one professional source in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Carefully review the for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.