Piaget’s Four Stages Of Cognitive Of Development
PSY101H: Week 7 Assignment Page 1
Worksheet: Piaget’s Four Stages of Cognitive Development
How does cognitive development occur? Many attempts have been made to accurately describe children’s cognitive development, and one of the most widely used is Jean Piaget’s theory. According to Piaget, children go through a series of four stages of cognitive development.
In this assignment, you will use a scenario to explain Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development.
Perform the following tasks:
· Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
· Review the scenario below and answer the question.
· Submit your response as the following:
1. four paragraphs – 150 word minimum EACH,
2. as a Word document with correct spelling and grammar.
3. Use APA formatting: double space, 12 pt Times New Roman Font, 1” margins
· Submit Week 7 Assignment via Blackboard by clicking on the “Week 7 Assignment” link.
· Include the proper file naming convention: PSY101H_wk7_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy.
Note: See the Written Assignment Rubric for a review of writing expectations.
Imagine you are going to make cookies with the help of four children. Charlie is 2 years old, Penelope is 6, Isabelle is 9, and Brian is 11.
Identify the developmental stage of each child and describe how each child will assist in making cookies based upon their developmental stage.
|Identified the developmental stage of each child according to Piaget.||20|
|Provided an accurate description of each developmental stage according to Piaget.||30|
|Mechanics: Word count and APA formatting, spelling and grammar||15|