Due on 2/1/17 No Later than 1130pm est
Topic: Stages of Displacement – The Immigration Experience of Latinos
Read the “Stages of Displacement – The Immigration Experience of Latinos” article found in the Reading & Study folder.
In this qualitative study, the authors attempted to investigate the following research question: What are the displacement stages of Latinos immigrating to the United States? Their data analysis concluded 5 distinct stages of displacement for Latino immigrants: 1. Seeking Opportunities, 2. Emotional Reactions, 3. Adjustment, 4. Rationalization, and 5. Acknowledgement.
Assignment: Write 1 theme the authors found for each stage. Although there is more than 1 theme per stage, cite only 1 per stage for this assignment. State how you as a counselor, counseling a Latino client who shares his or her immigration experience with you, would use your client’s disclosure to develop the therapeutic alliance. Connect your response to the article.
All key components of the Assignment prompt are answered your answer;
Major points are supported by the following:
- Reading & Study materials;
- Pertinent, conceptual, or personal examples;
- Thoughtful analysis (considering assumptions, analyzing implications, and comparing/contrasting concepts); and
- Integration of relevant biblical principles.
- Required word count (at least 250 words) is met.
- Proper spelling and grammar are used.