1.Political socialization begins young. Think about conversations around politics when you were in primary school (around age 10). Maybe there was a natural disaster in your area such as a hurricane and government response levels were critiqued. What were some of the ways you learned about the political establishment through family members and friends? How were you politically socialized as a child? Use evidence (cite sources).
***Topic Hurricane Andrew in Florida***
400 words response
2 scholarly references with in text APA citation.
2. You are attending an international journalist event and have been chosen to give a presentation of the roles of the media in influencing government and its citizens. Identify and describe the roles of the media in influencing government and its citizens using specific descriptive examples. Please create a PowerPoint presentation to assist you in your presentation.
As you complete your presentation, be sure to:
- Use speaker’s notes to expand upon the bullet point main ideas on your slides, making references to research and theory with citation.
- Proof your work
- Use visuals (pictures, video, narration, graphs, etc.) to compliment the text in your presentation and to reinforce your content.
- Do not just write a paper and copy chunks of it into each slide. Treat this as if you were going to give this presentation live.
- Length: 10 substantive slides (excluding cover and references slides)
- Font should not be smaller than size 16-point
- Parenthetical in-text citations included and formatted in APA style
- References slide (a minimum of 2 outside scholarly sources plus the textbook and/or the weekly lesson for each course outcome)
- Title and introduction slide required