The purpose of this assignment is to have you practice creating visuals using the data from the topic you chose in Week 2. Creating charts and trendlines are important skills used in many careers.- I chose health services and nursing scenario
Watch Week 4 Lynda.com® Video: Data-Analysis Fundamentals with Excel.
Create at least two visuals using your data from the data you chose in Week 2.
- Create one scatter plot of the data, and apply a linear model (also known as a regression) in Excel®. Include the equation, R2 value, and prediction value on the visual.
- Create one scatter plot of the data, and apply an exponential model in Excel®. Include the equation, R2 value, and prediction value on the visual.
- Determine whether the linear or the exponential model is a better representation of your data to base your prediction on. Explain why the model you chose is a better representation of your data.
Hints for Making an Effective Chart:
- Decide why you are making a chart from this data.
- Title each chart so that it aligns with the data and selected model.
- Create descriptive labels for both the x- and y axes.
- Resize the chart as needed so it can be viewed easily.
Your assignment will be graded using the Week 4 Grading Guide.
Select the Assignment Files tab to submit your visuals as either an Excel® file or a Word document.
Why I chose this topic is because I find nursing very interesting. This is because nurses give their all in order to serve other people who are in need of help. Again, the topic of infants is one that really fascinates me. I find children very interesting to be around. When it comes to analysing data in a bid to find out the number of children born in a hospital, I will surely be interested. This topic analysis predicts the number of children to be born and this is an interesting topic to explore. It enables one to understand what people thinks about children and the general trend, if any that they are following when it comes to bearing children.
When doing the analysis, I hope to find a general trend that the data follows as years pass by. From a casual view at the data, the number of babies born in every year increases gradually as years move by. Therefore, after an analysis, I would get a relationship that the data follows. From the relationship if any, then it would be possible to predict the number of children that will be born in years to come as well as those in the past. From this data, a nurse or any hospital management staff can make a decision that is informed in a bid to improve the services in the health organization, keeping in mind the movement of data with time. It also allows them to understand the level of satisfaction of their customers.