Assignment 4: Analysis of the Agency’s Policies, Procedures, and Plans Regarding Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and Productivity, Part 4
Due Week 10 and worth 250 pointsRefer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Determine whether your selected agency should have union representation. Defend your position with at least two reasons. (Title this section “The Agency and Unions”)
- Determine whether your selected agency should privatize its services. Defend your position with at least two (2) reasons. (Title this section “The Agency and Privatization”)
- Analyze at least two (2) of the agency’s policies, procedures, and / or plans regarding pensions. (Title this section “Employee Pension Plans”)
- Recommend at least three (3) actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of productivity and performance evaluation. (Title this section “Recommendations for Improving Productivity and Performance Evaluation”)
- Appropriately incorporate at least four (4) quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not quality as academic resources. Visit the Strayer University Library at http://research.strayer.edu to conduct research.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The course learning outcomes associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a proposal for strategic public personnel management within a sepcific federal agency Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills