- Develop a list of five criteria for a CEO assuming that he or she has effective diversity management and inclusion as a strategic goal. Now that this course is coming to a close, select any one of the managers in a case from this text. Evaluate this manager on your established criteria for diversity. Based on your evaluation, give this person a grade ranging from A to F for his or her diversity.
- In terms of the change model (unfreezing, change, and refreezing) what internal and external forces might resist each of the following: instituting mandatory diversity training for all employees, appointing a chief diversity officer, initiating applications for diversity awards, or establishing a phased retirement program?
- Assume that you are a mentor to an employee who came from a low-class background. She is bright and has career potential. However, you recognize that some elements of her behavior such as the way she speaks, her dress, her manners, and her communication patterns will prevent her from advancing to the next level in your organization. How could you help her?
- The list of primary and secondary dimensions of diversity include:
– Sexual Orientation
– Physical and Mental Challenges
– Social Class
– Language and
– Military Service
Now that you have read about the primary and secondary dimensions of diversity, what have you learned about yourself? Of all of the dimensions covered in this text which so far have affected your life the most? What examples can you provide to substantiate your answer? Do you think these may change in importance during your lifetime? Why or why not?