Demonstration of Understanding of Unit 3 concepts
The topics covered in Unit 3 examine the effects that drugs can have on multiple body systems. These effects can happen whether one uses macronutrients, minerals, herbals, poisons, additive drugs, antibacterial, or antiviral drugs. Each class possess a unique mechanism of action intended achieve a desired response or produce an undesirable outcome.
This project is in the form of a PowerPoint Presentation or Research Paper using correct APA format. Address the following questions related to two agents from the classes listed above.
1. Provide a background/introduction of the agents.
2. Discuss the role of the agents in medicine. With poisons, discuss the severity of the poison and the effectiveness of the antidote. With drugs of abuse discuss the severity of the abuse potential and methods for addressing abuse.
3. What is (are) the intended use, intended response, or impact on the applicable body systems?
4. Briefly discuss how the use of poisons and addictive drugs differ from the use of antibacterial and antiviral agents.
5. Provide a conclusion that provides a take home message about each class.
If you choose the PowerPoint Presentation option: Your presentation should be approximately 15 slides in length ( not counting the title and references pages) Also include presenter notes and appropriate visuals.
If you choose the Research Paper option: Your paper should be 5 pages in length (not including the title and reference pages.