APA Scavenger Hunt Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the student to demonstrate proficiency in APA format. Students will also use this assignment as a quick reference guide for future use of APA format 6th edition.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
3. Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge. (PO #3)
4. Integrate critical thinking and judgment in professional decision-making in collaboration with faculty and peers. (PO #4)
6. Relate application of the legal and ethical requirements of nursing laws and standards to interactions with faculty, peers, and others. (PO #6)
9. Demonstrates responsibility for personal and professional development by assessing computer competence, implementing plans for upgrading computer skills, and using effective strategies for online student success. (PO #5)
Submit the assignment to the Week 3 Dropbox by Sunday at the end of Week 3, 11:59 p.m. MT.
This assignment is worth a total of 150 points.
Preparing the APA Scavenger Hunt
1. Read this document (APA Scavenger Hunt Guidelines), including the Rubric.
2. From Doc Sharing, download the APA Scavenger Hunt Template. Rename the document as Your Last Name APA Scavenger Hunt.docx. Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Remember that Microsoft Word 2010 or a later version is required. The document must be saved as a .docx. Save your work frequently as you type to prevent loss of your work.
3. As you prepare your APA Scavenger Hunt, use all resources available including Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sample Paper in Doc Sharing, and APA Tutorial. However, your page numbers and section numbers in the Location column must be from the Manual. List the page and section numbers of the APA rule, not of an example.
4. Complete the APA Scavenger Hunt by typing in all of the empty boxes in the Answer column and the Location column. Clearly explain and/or demonstrate the format rule to answer the questions asked in each item. Work on this assignment during Weeks 2 and 3. Don’t wait until the due date to begin your work!
5. When your assignment is completed, save and close the document. Enter the course and submit the document as an attachment to the Week 3 Dropbox. See the Week 3 Assignments page for step-by-step instructions on how to use the Dropbox.
6. Required elements and points possible are clearly marked on the APA Scavenger Hunt Template.
Chamberlain College of Nursing NR-351: Transitions in Professional Nursing
|NR-351 APA Scavenger Hunt Guidelines.docx Revised 3/19/14 cjm