Prepare a formal research paper that clearly explores both sides of your issue.
mine is team D Through this course, you have been exposed to numerous concepts and theories that seek to develop an understanding of how human behaviour impacts the overall operation of a business. M
mine is team D
Through this course, you have been exposed to numerous concepts and theories that seek to develop an understanding of how human behaviour impacts the overall operation of a business. Many of the concepts and theories are controversial in terms of their relevance and impacts. In this assignment, you will work as a team to research both sides of the theories and/or concepts in more depth, and present both sides of your findings to the rest of the class.
You will be assigned one of the following research topics:
· GROUP A – Goals Get You to Where You Want to Be (Point/Counterpoint on p. 159)
· GROUP B – To Get the Most Out of Teams, Empower Them (Point/Counterpoint on p. 234)
· GROUP C – Organizations Should Strive to Create a Positive Organizational Culture (Point/Counterpoint on p. 371)
· GROUP D – Employer- Employee Loyalty is an Outdated Concept (Point/Counterpoint on p.113)
· GROUP E – Everyone Wants Power (Point/Counterpoint on p. 301)
· GROUP F – Employees’ Social Media Presence Should Matter to Managers (Point/Counterpoint on p. 268)
· GROUP G – Conflict: Good or Bad? (Point/Counterpoint on p. 334)
In Units 2-10, as a Learning Team, you will:
1. Research your topic and explore academic literature on both sides of the issue.
2. Identify the contributions of your topic to the field of organizational behaviour.
3. Find a position from within the literature that can be argued for and against.
4. Divide into two internal groups – one to present the position and another to present the counterpoint. You will be evaluated by the strength of your arguments and the extent to which your position is supported by academic literature.
In Unit 10, you will submit a Research Paper:
1. Prepare a formal research paper that clearly explores both sides of your issue.
2. As a group, are you able to come to a consensus on the issue?
3. Which side of the argument is most strongly supported by the academic literature?
4. Your paper should be a maximum of 8 pages double-spaced in 12-point font (not including cover page and references). For papers longer than 8 pages, the additional pages will not be considered in grading.
5. Your paper should have a well-defined introduction, body, and conclusion.
6. Your paper must follow APA style format.
7. Your paper must include a minimum of 5 external academic resources.
8. Critical thinking is important.
Late Submission Policy
Each assignment will clearly indicate the due date. For time management purposes, students are strongly advised to submit their assignments by the due date posted, relative to their local time zone. Late penalties, however, will not be applied until after 8:00 a.m. Atlantic Time the following day.
Late assignments may be penalized 5% for each day that they are late. Late assignments will not be accepted after 3 days (15%) unless there are extenuating circumstances that have been discussed with the professor before the assignment deadline and the professor has agreed to extend the deadline. Late work beyond 3 days will not be accepted without arrangements made with the professor.
Major illnesses, death in the family, or similar extenuating circumstances are valid excuses and documentation may be required.
· In the event that an extension is needed, students MUST discuss the issue with professors. Only afterwards, where required, should issues be escalated to the Dean.
· In extreme cases of urgency, the student MUST contact the Student Services Advisor so professors can be notified.
· In the case of illness, arrangements may be made at the discretion of the professor to make up the work with no grade penalty, provided the student makes every effort to contact the professor prior to the class in question.
The Learning Team Research Project will be marked in its entirety out of 100. The following rubric indicates the criteria students are to adhere to, and their relative weights to the assignment overall.
% of Final Grade
a. Explored both sides of the issue
b. Ability to reach consensus
c. Critical thinking and development of arguments
d. Strength of both sides of the argument as substantiated by research – a minimum of 5 external academic sources
Communication & Details (40%)
a. Uses language clearly and effectively
b. Information organized intelligently and holistically (i.e., not simply answers to questions)
c. Proper introduction and conclusion to the paper
d. APA Formatting (title, headings, and references)
e. Spelling and grammar