Change Model Assignment
Consider a real business or non-profit organization that has responded to external change well during the past five years or less.
- The organization and change that you consider in this assignment must be small enough that you can do an adequate job on the assignment. Do not choose an organization or company that is too large for you to examine critically in this short assignment.
Research how and why the change was made. Cite and reference at least four sources plus the course textbook.
In your paper,
- Contextualize the organizational change you have selected within one of the change models described in the course text. This means consider the time and place of the organization, as well as economic, technological, geopolitical, sociocultural, environmental and other macro forces influencing the change.
- Explain the rationale for choosing the model you have selected over the other models in Chapters 1 and 3 or other parts of the course text (one or two sentences per model only), and
- Make sure you consider the effects of the change on the companyâ€™s shareholders, employees, and customers, as well as on society and the environment.
The Change Model Assignment paper,
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Centerâ€™s APA StyleLinks to an external site. resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least four sources, one of which must be the course text one of which may be the organizationâ€™s website, and two of which must be research oriented.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Centerâ€™s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Weiss, J. W. (2016). Organizational change (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu/
- Chapter 1: Organizational Change Management: An Introduction