Complete a research essay on the government and national security. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about American national security.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- Address the responsibilities of each of the three branches of the federal government.
- 500 word minimum and 600 word maximum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
1) Write concisely! More is not necessarily better if the required points from the rubric are missed. A 500-word essay can earn an “A,” while a 700 word essay may lose points for going too long.
2) Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).